Monday, August 6, 2012

Ignoring your own child - Why?

Good morning.  I read a FB status last night that rubbed me the wrong way.  I took the stance if I couldn’t say anything nice I would just be quiet.But this is my blog and I can say what I feel as I see it – right? RIGHT!

So here goes – Micheal Baisden posted a status to the tone of Women need to stop being mean when it comes to the kids spending time with their fathers regardless of whether or not child support is being received.  My question – what if the other parent is not paying child support and has no desire to spend time with the kids.  What then?!  Speaking for myself – I’ve never stopped the other parent from seeing the kids.  They choose NOT TO – child support or not.  Now, you tell me who is harming the kids more – the parent there on a regular basis supporting the kids on a regular basis or the other parent who provides zero support on a full time basis.  Support is financial, spiritual, physical, and emotional.  For most parents who are receiving child support – it’s only a drop in the bucket compared to daily needs – food, shelter, clothing, school supplies, activities, medical and life insurance, dr copayments, prescriptions, attention, love, and time.

It’s easy to look from the outside in and make general statements or comments.  But when you are the parent on the inside that is the only parent putting forth 100% every day. Meanwhile, the other parent comes up with excuse after excuse (or be super silent) although they are able to go out to dinner, go on vacations, buy new clothes, etc but intentionally ignore their child.  There has to be some sense of guilt and shame on their part. Or is there?

How do you choose one child over another?  You can put your all into one child and leave the others in the dark. What does the full-time parent do at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment