Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's a Hair Thing, Baby!

04/30/12
Is this a transition or a relaxer stretch?  I’ve been thinking for several months now whether or not to continue to relax my hair or to go natural.  Let me tell you, there is tons of info out here.  Between blogs, facebook and youtube, I have been overwhelmed with information.  Let’s not forget the number of women in the workplace, church and just in general who are/are going natural or stretching out the relaxer. 

Last night, I opted to use a combo of bantu knots, two strand twist and braid outs.  The results were not bad at all.  Since I waited until 11pm to due these styles they are not perfect but my daughter paid me a hair compliment this morning.  Now, that still has me smiling.

I think I will continue to do my research and try a few styles here and there before making such a huge decision. But, I am excited to try something new and look forward to stopping the dryness, breakage and blah hair styles.  It’s possible I’ll post a pic of today’s hairstyle but I’m still on the fence about the pics.  I am so not a picture person myself.

05/01/12
So, this is day 2 of the relaxer stretch and extended hair style from Sunday evening.  Last night, I decided to put in several large braids and roller set my ends before heading to bed.  Oh, how delighted I was this morning at my new hair style. I added some water and leave-in and my hair is so soft.  And Big.  Yes, I like big hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment